Effective Date: January 1, 2020
- Sources of Information About You
- Our Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Accessing, Updating, Transferring, or Removing Your Personal Information
- Links to Other Websites
- Children’s Privacy
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Contact Information
- Effective Date
Sources of Information About You
We obtain information about you from a variety of sources, including you, your interaction with Thermos L.L.C., Ally Commerce, our Website, other representatives of Lifefactory Brand, and third parties. Such information may include your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, purchase history, reviews you post on our Website, date of birth, demographic information (such as age, gender, and language), and credit card (if you make a purchase from the Website), among other personally identifiable information.
Information you provide to us: If you use certain Services, you may be required to provide us certain information.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Services, subscribing to our Services, posting material or requesting further products or responses.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Services and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Your search queries on our Website or through our Services.
Information we collect from your use of the Services and other interactions you have with Lifefactory Brand:
We may collect your usage information about how you use the Services, including your access times, location, browser types and language, pages of our Website that you visit, how you interact with our emails, and Internet Protocol addresses. We may collect device-specific information when you access our Website or other Services, including your hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and information about the device's interaction with our Services.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may or may not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve and to deliver better and more personalized Services, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests
- Speed up your searches
- Recognize you when you return to our Services
- Send you emails inviting you to purchase items from our Website
- Serve relevant advertising content via email and other platforms
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept certain browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Services.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Services or our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity. The Website also may use third party service providers, such as Google Analytics or other similar services, to collect or exchange information about you or anonymized information. Google provides an explanation of how Google Analytics collects and uses information at the following link: https://policies.google.com/privacy/update?hl=en&gl=us. (This link is provided for your convenience, but the URL may change or become unavailable at any time.)
Our Use of Information
We use information about you to provide, maintain, personalize and improve our Services and to deliver the information and support your requests, including receipts, technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
We may use information we collect to send you news and information about our Services and to communicate with you about products, services, contests, promotions, incentives, and rewards offered by us and select partners. You may opt out of or unsubscribe from receiving promotional emails or text messages from us by following the instructions in those emails or text messages or by emailing us at [email protected]. If you opt out or unsubscribe, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as messages about your account or our ongoing business relations.
We may also use information about you (i) to track and analyze trends and usage in connection with our Services; (ii) to process and deliver contest and promotion entries and rewards; (iii) to protect our rights or property; (iv) to compare information for accuracy; (v) to verify your identity; (vi) to investigate and prevent fraud or other illegal activities; and (vii) for any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Services.
Additionally, we use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide though them.
- In any other way, we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements.
We may use third-party service providers to process and store personal information in the United States and other countries.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information about you as follows:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our employees, our representatives, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
- With third parties that run advertising campaigns, contests, special offers, or other events or activities in connection with our Services
- For any lawful purpose, including, without limitation, selling your data to third parties (unless you are a California resident who has requested not to have your information sold or such sale is otherwise not permitted by law)
- With your consent or direction
We may also share non-personally identifiable information (aggregated or otherwise) with third parties for any reason.
Accessing, Updating, Transferring, or Removing Your Personal Information
You may request to update, change, or delete your personal information, object to the processing of your personal information, withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal information, request that we do not sell your personal information to third parties, or request a copy of your personal information that we hold, disclosed, or sold by contacting us at [email protected] or mailing us at: Thermos L.L.C.; Attn: General Counsel; 475 N. Martingale Road, Suite 1100, Schaumburg IL 60173. Also, if you created an account on Lifefactory.com, then you may manage certain of your user information by accessing your “My Account” page. You can also ask us how we use your information, the source of your personal information, to update or amend your personal information if you believe it is inaccurate, remove your personal information from our records entirely, send copies of your personal information to you or a third party in a commonly used format, to request that we do not subject you or your personal information to automated decision-making, or otherwise restrict our use of your personal information by emailing us at [email protected], or calling us at 847.439.7821, or by accessing your “My Account” page.
Before we provide a substantive response, we may ask you for certain identifying information to confirm your identity and your right to access the personal information that we hold about you or that you are authorized to access this information if you are an agent. In certain circumstances, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request to change, transfer, or provide details about your personal information. We may, at our option, maintain your personal information until you withdraw your consent, or ask us to delete or transfer the information, to the extent otherwise permitted by law.
Rights of European Residents
Some data protection laws, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), provide you with certain rights in connection with personal information you have shared with us. If you are resident in the European Economic Area, you may have the following rights:
- The right of access. You have the right to request a copy of your personal information which we hold about you.
- The right of access. You have the right to request a copy of your personal information which we hold about you.
- The right of correction: You have the right to request correction or changes of your personal information if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to be forgotten: You have the right to request us, at any time, to delete your personal information from our servers and to erase your personal information when it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data. Note, however, that deletion of your personal information will likely impact your ability to use our services.
- The right to object (opt-out): You have the right to opt-out of certain uses of your personal information, such as direct marketing, at any time.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to a “portable” copy of your personal information that you have submitted to us. Generally, this means your right to request that we move, copy or transmit your personal information stored on our servers / IT environment to another service provider’s servers / IT environment.
- The right to refuse to be subjected to automated decision making, including profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision and insist on human intervention if the decision is based on automated processing and produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on you.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Rights of California Residents
Some data protection laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and California Civil Code Section § 1798.83, provide California residents with certain rights in connection with personal information you have shared with us. If you are a California resident, you may have the following rights and we respect those rights:
Links to Other Web Sites; Third Party Applications
The U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act was created to protect children under the age of 13 from unsuspecting acts or practices in conjunction with collecting, using, and disclosing any information about them. Our Services are not intended for anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Website or through our Services. In addition, users under 18 years of age are not allowed to make purchases. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you are a parent or guardian or otherwise believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us so that we can delete the child's information. The Services will never knowingly accept, collect, maintain or use any information from a child under the age of 13. If a child whom we know to be under the age of 13 sends personal information to us online, we will only use that information to respond directly to that child or notify parents. Where appropriate, we may ask you to indicate your age to verify compliance with these policies.
California and Delaware “Do Not Track” Disclosures
Although we take many precautions to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or through our Services. The safety and security of your personal information also depends on you. Where we have given you or where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on or within the Services.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns regarding our policy at this address:
Attention: General Counsel
475 N. Martingale Road Suite 1100
Schaumburg IL 60173